If you’re anything like me, you take about four minutes choosing a filter for your Instagram photo, and about four hours deciding on a caption.
Worst of all, after much creative effort and advice from friends, I’m usually barely able to write a caption that goes beyond, “Had a fun day with friends!”
And I’m a writer — go figure.
Next time you’re contemplating a caption to go with your Instagram photo, take a look at our complete list of captions for any mood you need to evoke or audience you want to connect with.
You can incorporate many of them into an Instagram business strategy (just make sure your audience would indeed find your caption funny, clever, or the right amount of savage.)
Click one of the following links to jump to a section:
- Funny Instagram Captions
- Clever Instagram Captions
- Savage Instagram Captions
- Song Lyrics for Instagram Captions
- Business Instagram Captions
Funny Instagram Captions
- [Employee]’s favorite exercise is a cross between a lunge and a crunch … S/he calls it lunch.
- I need a six-month holiday, twice a year.
- We tried to be normal once. Worst two minutes of our lives!
- There are 16-year-olds competing at the Olympics and some of us still push on “pull” doors.
- Namast’ay in bed.
- That awkward moment when you’re wearing Nike’s and you can’t do it.
- I’m just a girl, standing in front of a salad, asking it to be a cupcake.
- What if we told you … you can eat without posting it on Instagram?
- We know the voices in our heads aren’t real, but sometimes their ideas are just too good to ignore.
Clever Instagram Captions
- Patience — what you have when there are too many witnesses.
- Maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s the Clarendon filter.
- “Life is short.” False — it’s the longest thing you do.
- Happy Sunday! There may be no excuse for laziness, but [I’m/we’re] still looking.
- Better an “oops” than a “what if.”
- You have stolen a pizza our hearts.
- The world is changed by your example, not your opinion.
- Seven billions smiles, and these are our favorite.
Savage Instagram Captions
- What’s a queen without her king? Historically speaking, more powerful.
- Be a little more you, and a lot less them.
- We’re an acquired taste. If you don’t like us, acquire some taste.
- Well-behaved people don’t make it into history books.
- Be sunshine mixed with a little hurricane.
- Sometimes you just need to do a thing called “what you want.”
- It’s not called being bossy, it’s called having leadership skills.
Song Lyrics for Instagram Captions
- “I’m gonna live like tomorrow doesn’t exist.” — Sia, “Chandelier”
- “I live for the nights that I can’t remember, with the people that I won’t forget.” – Drake, “Show Me a Good Time”
- “I hope you never lose your sense of wonder.” — Lee Ann Womack, “I Hope You Dance”
- “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.” – John Lennon, “Imagine”
- “Feeling good living better.” — Drake, “Over My Dead Body”
- “Say oh, got this feeling that you can’t fight, like this city is on fire tonight” — OneRepublic, “Good Life”
- “Time makes you bolder” — Fleetwood Mac, “Landslide”
- “If I fail, if I succeed, at least I’ll live as I believe” — Whitney Houston, “The Greatest Love of All”
- “The rest of the world was in black and white, but we were in screaming color.” — Taylor Swift, “Out of the Woods”
- “Lightning strikes every time she moves” — Calvin Harris, “This Is What You Came For”
- “We aren’t ever getting older” — Chainsmokers, “Closer”
- “Sing with me, sing for the years, sing for the laughter, sing for the tears” — Aerosmith, “Dream On”
Business Instagram Captions
- Good evening, [city]! We’re in town for [event] at Booth [#]. Stop by and say hi!
- Our [#]-person squad completed the [road race name]! And we did it all for the post-run sneaker selfie. 👟
- We got product in the pipeline … check back for an exciting announcement on [date]!
- Spot the CEO. 😉
- At [company name], our best asset is our people.
- We had a great time with our customers at [meeting/event]! @[client/partner], you guys rock.
- [Company name] is off for [holiday]! We hope you all have a safe long weekend.
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” -Herman Melville
- How many [company name] employees does it take to spell “TEAM”?
- Want to work with these awesome people, working on a lot of awesome things? We’re hiring! Click the link in our bio to see our current openings.
- Check, check, one, two … is this thing on? [Company name] is now on Instagram! Follow us to learn about our (awesome) culture, product, and (awesome) people.